I’m currently loving this bright pasta salad for a meal prep situation this week! It’s packed with bold flavors and lots of zest! Its also perfect for a picnic date or dinner side dish!
- ½ cup orzo pasta
- 5 spears of asparagus, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. dill or parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ½ tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. olive juice or red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To start the recipe, chop up your veggies! (Slice some tomatoes, chop some peppers & onions, herbs, etc.) Add everything to a large mixing bowl.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. The ratio is ½ cup of orzo + 1 cup of water.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat up a small pan on medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add in the sliced asparagus and sauté with salt and pepper. This will take 4-5 minutes.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, add it to the large mixing bowl with the other veggies.
- Add your cooked orzo it to the same bowl, along with salt, olive oil, capers, lemon juice, honey and salt!
- Mix thoroughly, taste and adjust! Add any cooked protein you’d like and serve! *best warm or room temperature!